Saturday, September 1, 2012

See You In September

I always have oldies running around in my head.  The other day it was "see you in September" going round and round in Frankie Valli's high falsetto. Sometimes I think that is my dad tormenting me from Heaven.

OK, soooo.  What am  I working on?  What goals??? Well, as you know, we moved from Duluth to the Twin Cities (Apple Valley/Lakeville) a month ago.  I still cannot believe I live here now, it is surreal.  Never really thought I could do it, but here I am.  I have lived in Duluth all my life except for that little six month visit to Kansas City when I was pregnant, 21 and immature as humanly possible. Needless to say, that "geographical escape" did not last long...but that's a story for another day :)

So, here I am at age 39 - starting a new chapter in a new place.  Overall, I think I have adjusted well to the area and to my new role as chemical dependency program supervisor.  Granted, it has only been a month, but my previous anxiety over "is this the right thing" has all but disappeared.  I know God led us here...and I know the devil has got to be pretty angry that his plans were thwarted. For reasons unknown, he did NOT want us to leave Duluth. I suspect God has a spiritual promotion in store.

Oh yeah, goals. #1 for me was finding a church. I tried three and the third time was a charm.  It was just like the three bears. The first church was too big and too "out there" for my taste.  The second was too small and conservative with inadequate childcare.  And the third church was... JUST RIGHT! Really big and progressive but tons to offer and many opportunities to connect through small group involvement.  We've gone three weeks now I think.  Lots of stuff will be starting in the fall - so I plan to start a small group and also a Bible study perhaps.

It is a large church...the sanctuary is like an auditorium in fact.  During my first time there, I watched the youth minister speaking and was really transfixed by his charmisma.  I thought to myself, "I am going to speak in front of this church."  That is one of my goals, and I've started visualizing it, down to what I will say and wear.  Sometimes when I am running, I have an out-loud commentary of my ministry.  "Whatever you can conceive in your mind can be brought into the physical world." -Dr. Wayne Dyer.

As for fitness goals, I am ready to take it to the next level.   I am in good shape, but I can be so much better.  I am going to start Insanity again on Tuesday.  I tried back in May, but quit after 2 weeks. I don't even know what happened.  Just got busy with moving stuff and lost interest. Not this time! I WILL complete the full 60 days!

Other than that... work goals.  Training everyone in Motivational Interviewing and bringing in a trainer Scott Miller) for Feedback Informed Treatment to create a new vision and fresh excitement for everyone.

I have started meditating and visualizing.  I know this is the way to bring my goals and intentions to life.

No comments:

Post a Comment